Tuesday, October 09, 2007

The Grudge 2


--Reviewed by Lindy Loo


Plotline: The sister of the heroine from the original movie is sent to Japan to bring back said heroine. Shortly after her arrival, the original heroine plummets to her death from a hospital roof. Her sister, wracked with grief, decides to get to the bottom of things and figure out why her sister's life ended this way. In the meantime, a group of girls who venture into "Japan's most haunted house" brings the curse upon themselves and begin to vanish one by one.

Scariness factor: It's spooky and will make you jump in your seat once in a while.

Gross-Out Factor: Not so gross. Mostly just seeks to spook you out.



Complaints: This is basically the same plot as the first one, with different characters. Dullsville. I'm not a big fan of the first one either, unfortunately. They're too slick and commercial. And, though they have their moments, they're not all that awesome in the scariness department.

High Points: It will creep you out once or twice. And I actually enjoyed it more than the original movie. Maybe I was just in a better mood upon seeing it or something, but I found it to be spookier and more entertaining.



Overall: Not a fan of The Grudge series. So I'd say it's no big loss if you never catch them.

Grade: C

Labels:

9 Comments:

At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I didn't really care about The Grudge either. After my husband showed it to me, I followed him around for a few days imitating that sound that the ghost (or whatever) girl makes. I've never bothered to see the second one.

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha. Again: elope with me.

 
At 4:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I HATE the makers of this movie.I'm STILL dramatizes of the dark.As dumb as it sounds it's true.The sound I didn't care for,it was just the fact that I knew she was going to COME that got me scared.

 
At 10:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

this movie was scary for a while..but it was still good...just a little not scary enough!

 
At 8:02 AM, Blogger SierraMelling said...

I personally think the first one is better then the second one. The second one is so confusing and really hard to follow.

I thought the first one was creepy the first time I saw it. It needs to be more scary!!!

 
At 8:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i thougt the grudge was scary i even saw the second.
my best friend amy liked it to!

 
At 8:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

have you seen the ring that is 1000
times more scary!

 
At 8:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i want to see uninvited my name is julia houser bye

 
At 9:18 AM, Anonymous Rhi said...

the grudge made me jump at first and the noise the women makes creeps me out but the japanees one is so much scarier but you have to watch it in subtitles!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home