Monday, January 29, 2007

Anatomie


--Reviewed by Lindy Loo


Plotline: Franka Potente, a brilliant med-student, begins her stint at an elite medical school. What appear to be strange pranks involving some of the dead bodies soon reveal themselves to have the markings of an old secret society, and a conspiracy ensues.

Scariness factor: Boo.



Gross-Out Factor: It takes place in an anatomy lab, so lots of bodies. And some surgery. And some cutting.

Complaints: So yeah, maybe I should've known that it was gonna be a lame-ass movie based on the tag-line ("The subject is you"), but it had Franka Potente in it, and I heart Franka Potente. So I got sucked into the illusion. But man was this movie boring. It didn't even TRY to make you curious as to who was doing what and why. It just was kinda like "Uh yeah, that's who did it. Uh, yeah, that's why they did it." So basically, there was nothing that was drawing you forwards and compelling you to sit through the whole damn thing. Other than Franka Potente.



High Points: The creepy dead-body exhibits. They were sweet and made me wish I had seen the Body Worlds exhibit while it was in Cleveland. *Sigh*

Overall: I was so extremely bored by this movie that it just didn't seem right that Franka Potente was in it to keep me watching. And it was a German flick, so I thought it would somehow be better. Damnable American-ified Germans!

Grade: D

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home