Wednesday, February 11, 2009

From Hell


--Reviewed by Lindy Loo


Plotline: Someone is killing prostitutes in London, and his name is Jack the Ripper.

Scariness factor: Moody. But not scary.



Gross-Out Factor: I think some throats are slit. And you might see innards. But other than that, nothing is really strongly standing out to me.

Complaints: Two words: Heather. Graham. No wait. Six words: Heather. Graham. With. A. Cockney. Accent. *shuddering* I don't like Heather Graham. She's cute. But she plays Rollergirl in like EVERY movie she's in. She doesn't exactly have range. I think the only roles I've ever really liked her in are Boogie Nights and when she was on Scrubs. Other than that, UGH. So yeah: #1 complaint. #2 complaint: This movie just leaves me pretty much indifferent in every which way. I don't hate it. But I don't love it. There's nothing particularly noteworthy or remarkable about it. And the big reveal at the end? Wah wah wahhhhh. Lame.

High Points: Johnny Depp's good in pretty much everything. And the mood is nice at times.



Overall: Meh. Don't love it. Don't hate it. Could live without ever having seen it.

Grade: C

Labels:

6 Comments:

At 12:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

FINALLY someone who agrees that Heather Graham is a SHIT actress! Don't understand how she gets jobs. Must be the rack (which, in fairness....is quite a nice one if you're into that sorta thing).

(By any chance do you feel the same about Kirsten Dunst? SHIT actress.)

 
At 3:07 AM, Anonymous scary pranks said...

Amazing site, I really enjoy reading your posts. Keep up the good work.

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous movie scary said...

This movie could have been better

 
At 3:00 AM, Anonymous scary clips said...

Heather Graham is a hottie.

 
At 3:23 AM, Anonymous movie scary said...

Couldn't have said that better. Great post!

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Party Rentals said...

I love all things from Johnny Depp. and by the way, its her tits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home