Monday, July 21, 2008

The Invasion


--Reviewed by Lindy Loo


Plotline: In Washington, a strange epidemic seems to be spreading--perfectly sane people are becoming convinced that their friends/lovers are no longer themselves. What is happening to them? And can it be stopped?

Scariness factor: So-so.

Gross-Out Factor: Crap--I can't remember. I don't think so though. I mean, it's PG-13.



Complaints: How many more times can they remake Invasion of the Body Snatchers without it just seeming kind of ridiculous? I mean, this movie wasn't BAD. But it wasn't particularly GOOD. And, I'm sorry to say, nothing beats the creepy screams and RIDICULOUSLY creepy ending of the 1978 version (see youtube clip below--warning though: it does ruin the end of the film, so only watch if you've already seen it).

High Points: I can't really think of any. I mean, it was creepy. And white-knuckle-inducing on OCCASION. But not consistently.



Overall: Take it or leave it. Squeaky-clean Hollywood horror.


This is the end of the movie, so don't watch it if you
don't want the biggest spoiler of them all


Grade: C

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:25 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Thanks Lindyloo!!

I have already watched "The Invasion" mainly because I have a mega crush on Daniel Craig. You failed to mention anything about his hotness...so I'm assuming he doesn't turn your crank...well, that's good cause he's all mine...LOL LOL !

Nicole sucks in this movie. She is so icy and stoic. Perhaps she was meant to behave that way. I did not like her character in this role. Not believable at all.

Anyway, the plot was not too interesting, as I have seen one too many films about similar type topics (i.e. the spread of disease or a pandemic getting out of control) so your "C" grade is bang on!!

The latter two I have not seen but I don't think that the campy film is my kind of flick...maybe when I was 15 years old. However, "Ganja & Hess" seems interesting from what you have written so I might look into finding that at my local movie rental shop.

Muchos Gracias!

p.s. I watched "Shutter" over the weekend. I liked it. It was riveting. I think you should do a review ;)...on your time, of course...no rush!!

 
At 8:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will add Shutter to my library list. And yeah: perhaps she seemed so stoic BECAUSE OF HER CREEPY MOTHERF-ING BOTOX FACE. Ergh. What is WITH women doing that to themselves? So depressing.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home