Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Homicidal (1961)


--Reviewed by Lindy Loo


Plotline: Emily is a pretty, blond caretaker for Helga, the childhood nanny of Warren, the man Emily is apparently married to. Which is all well and good except that Emily also has an inexplicable penchant FOR STABBING PEOPLE.

Scariness factor: Not so much. Though the stabbing scene is pretty crazy. I *LOVE* that they have a 60 second "Fright Break" though at the climax of the movie, so that you have the option to leave the theater if you're too scared to see the ending. Ha ha ha.

Gross-Out Factor: Very 1960s-ish violence.



Complaints: Just the general complaints of some of these older horror flicks, which is that they can seem more silly than scary. It has its moments though. And it's good camp. I mostly just found myself uninterested in the plot of the movie though--other than to figure out why the hell the lead was so stabby. Oh, also, Warren is the ugliest man EVER. And I couldn't help fixating on it through the whole movie. He also talked like a fool. I am also stupid.

High Points: This movie plot was so weird at times that it was entertaining and creepy. The female lead: also entertaining and creepy. It also reminded me a bit of Repulsion which is far creepier. I feel like I kind of liked it, but then also that it was kind of boring. And I can't so much decide.



Overall: My mom recommended this to me--she said it was ridiculous and silly and her and her brother used to LOVE it when they were little. I agree on most counts--it was entertaining, and campy, and had its moments. But overall, I think I could've gone through life without seeing it and not have felt any enormous loss.

Grade: B-

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 11:59 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

...that dude looks like a lady...! LOL
Lindy your review of this didn't sound that compelling yet you gave this movie a B- ??

 
At 7:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, it was still kind of campy entertaining.

 
At 4:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

God damn faggots can't appreciate nothing good. Shit my nigger\

-Ibod Catooga

 

Post a Comment

<< Home