Thursday, February 15, 2007

An American Haunting


--Reviewed by Lindy Loo


Plotline: The alleged story of the Bell Witch and a young girl tormented by unseen forces.

Scariness factor: Fah.

Gross-Out Factor: Not super-gross. Though fingernails being dragged across floorboards still grosses me out more than huge bloody messes.

Complaints: Boring. The haunted/possessed idea has been done 15 million times, and it's been done better in various other movies. There wasn't anything really interesting driving this movie along. It seemed moreso like the special-fx were the focal point and the plot-line was just sort of shoddily crafted around them. Not even the acting saved this movie, truth be told. And I even kinda like Sissy Spacek and Donald Sutherland. Oh, and the "framing" technique was lame.



High Points: Quite honestly, this movie just bored me. I can't really thing of anything that I was like "Oh hell yes" about. I've seen worse, but I've also seen much much better.

Overall: Not worth your while. Rent THE EXORCIST or something instead.

Grade: D

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7:02 PM, Blogger Stacie Ponder said...

I've been avoiding this flick because I've yet to read a single positive review. That's so disappointing...on paper, a ghost movie with Donald Sutherland and Sissy Spacek sounds like a dream come true.

I'll be watching The Exorcist later tonight.

And I'll probably end up sleeping on the couch with all the lights on.

 
At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just love the expression of the girl's face, like a mix of hate, asking why, and sympathy. pretty disturbing +_+

 

Post a Comment

<< Home