Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Severance


--Reviewed by Lindy Loo


Plotline: A group of employees heads out to the middle of nowhere for the weekend and some team-building exercises. When they discover that the "resort" is actually a shithole in the middle of the woods, employee morale begins to wane. Even moreso when people start dying.

Scariness factor: Intense with quite a few jump-in-your-seat type moments.

Gross-Out Factor: Pretty violent and bloody. Not for the squeamish.



Complaints: It's not the most brilliant and original of movies, but it was entertaining. You never *quite* get why it is these folks are getting attacked though, which was a bit irritating.

High Points: Definitely the black humor. It has some really really good moments of it--especially the bear trap scene--where you feel just horrible for laughing but can't help it. The acting's not bad either. And it's got good pacing and is pretty intense. I was white-knuckled through several parts of it.



Overall: I'd definitely recommend. Was entertaining, fast-paced, scary, and yet it also made you laugh (and not in the dumbass Wayans-Brothers kind of way). Check it out.

Grade: A-/B+

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 1:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pretty much agree with your comments. It's pretty good, but I don't really care if I see it again. I understood that the reason they were being killed was because they were going to be fired, but the company didn't want to have to pay them a severance package.

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger Spookie Pookie said...

I laughed so hard in this movie and i totally, totally love it.
I would definetely see it.
I suppose it didnt really matter why they were being killed but how lol.

fun!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home