Thursday, November 13, 2008

Pitch Black


--Reviewed by Lindy Loo


Plotline: A space transport-vessel crash-lands on a seemingly deserted planet. The survivors (one of which is an escaped convict with eyes that just happen to be able to conveniently see in the dark) are forced to fight for their lives as the planet slides into darkness and its predators awaken.

Scariness factor: Should've been. But wasn't.



Gross-Out Factor: Ugh--I can't even remember. I don't think it was anything TOO nasty though.

Complaints: SO. BORING. Really. I just didn't find this movie interesting. At all. I mean, the interesting part of the premise (having to fend off predators in the dark) doesn't even begin until halfway through the movie. And Vin Diesel is annoying as FUCK.

High Points: There was like ONE scene where you see the people moving through the pitch black, and when one of them waves a light-source around them, we see the RIDICULOUS number of predators just waiting for them in the dark. THAT was cool. The rest: boo.



Overall: Quite frankly, I thought this was boring and sucked. It could've been an interesting premise. But it wasn't.

Grade: D-

Labels:

13 Comments:

At 11:03 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Saw this years ago. Hated it! You are totally right. Boring!

 
At 7:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw this in the theater with my then boyfriend (now husband). I don't remember a darn thing about it!

 
At 2:51 AM, Blogger Seabird said...

If you want to see something worse, check out Are You Scared.

Here's my take on it:

http://chchchahahah.blogspot.com/

It's quite possibly the worst horror movie ever made. I'm not even kidding.

 
At 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha: I love that the recommendation on the dvd cover is "Wow, just wow." Which actually COULD mean that the person who said that hated it SOOO very much that they were just left speechless. Hee hee.

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Seabird said...

Rofl, that made me laugh.

I'm trying to get all my friends to watch it, so they can understand why I'm always criticizing movies--to save them from crap like this!

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Katie said...

Oh, that ending. "Not for me. NOT FOR MEEEEEEE!"

 
At 2:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOD!

You have to watch this movie called Vacancy. It terrified the living crap out of me.

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Really?? I think I've seen that at the library. If I see it again, I'll nab it. Though I *DO* remember several people I know saying it was really bad. SO YOU BETTER NOT BE TRYING TO TRICK ME!!!! ; )

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It may just be that motels terrify the crap out of me.

 
At 3:45 PM, Blogger Joanne said...

Hey Lindyloo, What's up? Happy New Year! No recent spook flicks to review?

 
At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ack!!! I know. I was JUST feeling super-guilty about the lack of reviews here. I've actually seen quite a few good things too. I just haven't had time to post.

But until I'm able: LET THE RIGHT ONE IN--I think it's out on dvd in March maybe, but see it. Immediately. THE best vampire film I've seen, hands down. And just a fantastic film period. All horror-genre aside. Really damn good.

More reviews soon. I hope!

 
At 9:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

For the kicks, you should review Twilight.

 
At 3:25 AM, Anonymous scary clips said...

I really enjoy your blog and hope that you continue to keep it fresh with content and new material.
Great post, keep up the good work!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home