Monday, April 04, 2005

Halloween II



--Reviewed by Lindy Loo

Plotline: Initially I was intrigued because this sequel actually is the chronological extension of the first Halloween (which I'd never realized)--the movie begins with the end of the previous movie and continues on from there, with Laurie Strode being taken to the hospital and the continuing search for Mike Myers who, despite being shot half a dozen times, has vanished and is on the loose.

Scariness factor: Gah. I jumped once, but nothing worth writing home about. See the first one if you're looking for some scariness.

Originality: It's a sequel--are they EVER original? No. All this is is a rip-off of the first one--no real plotline other than Mike Myers killing some more in new and gruesome ways.

Other Complaints: So I sit through an hour and a half of this lame-ass sequel, head-bobbing in slight dozes once or twice because I was sleepy but willing myself, FORCING myself to get through it. Then I get to the huge climactic scene--Mike Myers, Dr. Loomis, and Laurie trapped together in a room, Mike Myers half-blinded. And the dvd glitches, skipping to the final scene of Laurie being driven away in a cop car. I freak of course as I've wasted what I consider to be a fairly valuable 90 minutes of my time trudging through this lame sequel. I hit rewind. Again, it skips to the final chapter. End result--I only loosely know what happens to Mike Myers in the end. I caught a slight glimpse of him possibly catching fire (or the room being exploded by gases being lit on fire) while rewinding the dvd, but I have no clue as to whether he supposedly dies FOR REAL at the end of this one and what happens to Dr. Loomis. Feel free to fill me in so that I don't lose sleep over this. *Snork*

Other High Points: Boobs. That was the only real highpoint of this movie. Some nice boobage. Other than that, it was just a lame sequel.

Overall: Rent the first one. If you've seen it before, rerent it because it'd still be scarier than the sequel and a lot more original.

Grade: D

Labels:

11 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

At least it has to be better than the 3rd one, which actually has *nothing* to do with Mr. Myers, but instead focuces on a guy trying to control the world through some TV thing on Halloween.

 
At 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So how the hell did it end?

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

-shrug- dunno, it's been *years* since I've seen the second one ;)

 
At 9:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are there boobs in the first one?

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I cannot recollect. Yeah. No nevermind. Yeah, there are at the very beginning. I'm pretty certain. No Jamie Lee boobs though.

 
At 2:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jamie Lee has an extra chromosome. She is a mutant

 
At 2:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, wasn't she allegedly born a 'maphrodite and her parents decided to raise her as a girl? (Still not sure if that's just an urban legend or if it's true.)

 
At 9:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Even Snopes doesn't know.

 
At 10:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

of course I am reading this review. Cuz you mentioned boobs again.

Why are they "boobs" in horror films (they always are) but "tits" everywhere else?

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok. First you need to know that John Carpenter didn't want to make Mike Myers a big thing. The title was called Halloween because he wanted to show a whole bunch of things that had to do with halloween. So thats why he mad Halloween 3 even if it sucked. Now i think that Halloween two was definitly under rated in this review because you learn extreme info that Lori is Mike Myers sister and that he wants to kill until he gets to his sister. The Acting was OK in this movie so i would give it all together a B- as an overall. Scary was a C+.

 
At 8:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You people who think this crap is better than the third one are morons. Halloween II is an overrated piece of S***! and is oh, so loved by Myers fanboys. In other words, it sucks. This review is spot on. I saw it once and gave it to a charity shop after. I'm not going to waste my time watching such garbage again. Always see the original and avoid this like the plague. Good review, I enjoyed reading it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home