Monday, February 06, 2006

Scary Movie



--Reviewed by Lindy Loo


Plotline: Basically that of Scream, but in parody form.

Scariness factor: It's a spoof, so it's pretty much as low as it gets.

Gross-Out Factor: Again, it's a spoof, so not much in the gross-out category.

Complaints: Basically, the movie just sticks to spoofing Scream for 90% of the plot, with a heavy nod to I Know What You Did Last Summer and some 2-second smaller nods to The Sixth Sense, The Blair Witch Project, and The Matrix thrown in for good measure. (Maybe it's just me, but has anyone here really ever thought of The Matrix as a *horror* film? I mean, wtf?) This is really what made it drag so much. I might as well just watch Scream myself and make fun of it, seeing as that's all this movie does. And it's not even really FUNNY at all. I mean, it makes fun of the stupidity of some of the events in Scream, but not in any sort of interesting, pointed kind of way like parodies usually do. And man alive, how boring is it to parody just *one* movie?? I mean, I was expecting lots of horror flicks to be referenced, but they sure as hell weren't.

High Points: Pretty much nothing. I'm all about comedies and stuff (even fart-joke ones, once in a while), but this one pretty much failed to be entertaining and failed to be funny.

Overall: I dunno. I was just bored with this movie. It was lame and pretty dumb, and really didn't offer up any kind of fun parody at all, of horror movies in general or of Scream in specific. If you want a good horror movie parody, go rent Shaun of the Dead instead--it's entertaining and actually succeeds at being funny. Or just rent yourself some good campy horror flicks and sit around and Mystery Science Theater them yourselves--you'll have MUCH more fun.

Grade: F

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

scary movie was one of the best movies/funniest movies I've seen in ages. unlike other parodies (kung pow and Get Smart)it had some originality. overall a great movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home