Monday, November 05, 2007

Creepshow


--Reviewed by Lindy Loo


Plotline: A variety of short tales about meteors and their effects, a monster in a box, a man who seeks revenge by burying people in the sand, a father returned from the dead, and cockroaches.



Scariness factor: Man, I loved this comic book when I was little--I found it delightfully horrific. And man, do I love Romero. But MAN was this movie TOTALLY not scary AT ALL.

Gross-Out Factor: Hee hee. Ah. Hee hee.

Complaints: So very very SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW, which is even MORE dastardly since they were short pieces, so that alone should've kept the pacing up. Also--Stephen King is the WORST actor in the world. Sweet jesus. And really, none of it was scary.

High Points: Hrm. It made me laugh a few times, it was that lame and slow. And ok--the cockroaches exploding out of the guy and filling the room: that was pretty sweet. That's about it.



Overall: I don't think I care to ever see this again. In fact, if I could go back in time a few days so that I could watch something else in its place, I'd do so. I know it's supposed to be a classic, but hell with that.

(Go check out The Moon is a Dead World for an alternate review later this week)

Grade: D+

Labels:

3 Comments:

At 7:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah, I seriously loved this movie.

I could see where you'd think that Father's Day was slow, but I thought that everything else was great!

And it was more of a horror-comedy than a horror movie.

It does stick true to the comic books, which is nice :D.

 
At 11:25 PM, Blogger : said...

This was a favorite from my childhood -- heck, I remember being terrified/infatuated with the old VHS cover art *alone*, before my parents ever even rented it.

"The Crate" is my personal favorite, and for some reason I still find it very creepy -- especially before you get to see the whole creature, and you only get to see glimpses, like the photograph above . . . .


J.N.
http://www.james-newman.com

 
At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Banglesforyou said...

I wouldn't say it was slow. The only one I thought was slow was "They're Creeping Up On You", but I enjoyed the rest. And "Something To Tide You Over" I found very scary!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home