Thursday, October 20, 2005

Rules for Watching a Horror Movie

--Lindy Loo


1. It *MUST* be watched at night. Not just dusk but full-on pitch-black nighttime. *UNLESS* you are watching it in a movie theater. Then it can be seen at any time of the day, though night is preferable.

2. It *MUST* be watched with the lights off. At NO TIME should you turn the light back on, if at all possible.

3. Horror movies SHOULD typically be watched completely alone. But I break this rule often myself. However, this is the preferred mode of viewing.

4. You should avoid a) eating while watching the movie and b) turning off the movie to pee or get up or do anything else that might distract you from the hopefully building spookiness and suspense.

5. Horror movies should be immediately popped into the dvd player if there is a spooky and terrifying storm going on late at night.

6. Horror flicks are to be watched in huge numbers and without shame in the month of October, particularly as Halloween approaches.

----------
PS. I watched Rosemary's Baby last night but, quite frankly, I'm pooped for putting out for you guys all week. All this reviewing has fried my brain. So no review today (unless I get a second-wind), but I promise to do one on Monday. Happy hauntings this weekend!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home